or make 4 interest-free payments of $24.50 NZD fortnightly with More info
Taking us back to the 30's with this Aran style Jumper.
Hours of love has gone into these beautifully hand crafted baby sweaters by a very talented knitter in the Wairarapa.
Intricate cabling, roll neck ribbed collar, wide opening for easy slip over babies head.
Aran Jumpers are extremely popular due to their warmth, style and comfort. Unfortunately the photos don't do these jumpers justice.
We can promise you, they won't disappoint!
Handmade using our NZ undyed natural merino yarn.
A traditional Aran Jumper usually is off-white in colour, with cable patterns on the body and sleeves.
Aran is a style of jumper that takes its name from the Aran Islands off the west coast of Ireland. Originally, Aran Sweaters were knitted using unscoured wool that retained its natural oils which made the garments water-resistant and meant they remained wearable for the fishermen even when wet.
These were known to take 6-8 weeks to knit
Knitted locally in NZ using pure 8ply merino wool sourced from Woolyarns NZ & prized worldwide for its superior qualities because it:
- is lighter, softer and more pliable than traditional wool which makes it feel soft and luxuriously gentle next to your skin
- is non-irritating to even the most sensitive skins
- is an active fibre that reacts to changes in body temperature - so it helps you stay warm when the weather is cold, and cool when the weather is hot
- absorbs moisture vapour away from the skin and dries quickly
- has a unique ability to breathe
- absorbs the odour molecules, which are only released upon washing
- is naturally anti-bacterial
- has a natural protective outer layer that helps prevent stains from being absorbed - and because merino wool tends not to generate static, it attracts less dust and lint
- is wind resistant
- holds its shape and keeps its colour.